HR Certification and Courses
Is HR Certification Worth it?
HR certification is a good way for HR professionals to measure and demonstrate their knowledge and commitment levels to their profession.
Here are a few points to consider:
- HR professionals can use HR certification to stand out from other applicants and demonstrate their advanced knowledge of the profession.
- A certification can help people find work because employers who want an HR professional with advanced, specialized knowledge will be more likely to hire them.
- HR certification can help people get raises and promotions.
- HR certification can help people learn about the newest trends in HR.
- Certifications are nationwide recognized, and often internationally as well, so you can use them no matter where you live.
Below, you will find the top HR management & PeopleOps training providers.
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Explore the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credentials here. These industry-leading certifications from SHRM demonstrate tangible credibility and proficiency of all the competencies in the HR profession.
Human Capital Institute (HCI)
Explore management leadership certifications on all things human capital from HCI. Their certification programs are located here and are industry-recognized credentials in critical areas across human resources. Topics range from HR business partnership, workforce planning, people analytics, change management, and much more.
Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
While the webinars you can access for free, along with the HR courses made available, you do not get credits automatically from most of the free HR webinars listed. That said, you may self-report for your recertification.
Some HRCI offerings include the following HR Certification Paths:
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Ⓡ (SPHR)
- Professional in Human Resources Ⓡ (PHR)
FOR MORE, SEE THIS ARTICLE—EDUCATIONAL TRENDS IN HR + PHR/SPHR EXAMS >
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development in the United Kingdom. They are the only HR and L&D institute worldwide that awards Chartered status to HR and L&D practitioners.
Next, you can find free HR and People Operations Certifications below.
- Free People Analytics Course: take one work day to advance your People Analytics; the free course runs every Wednesday through to June 29, 2022.
- Alison: get free HR training and select from 35 courses
- LinkedIn Learning: find over 4,600 HR courses
- Courseara: find over 600 available HR courses
- Oxford Home Study Centre: get free HR courses with certificate programs and a diploma
Find even more free HR courses